Swedish massage is one of the most commonly offered massage techniques. It’s sometimes called a classic massage. The technique aims to promote relaxation by releasing muscle tension.
Swedish massage is gentler than deep tissue massage and better suited for people interested in relaxation and tension relief.
Session Option: 60 minutes only
During a Swedish massage, the therapists uses:
- Long strokes
- Deep circular movements
- Passive joint movements
- Light, rhythmic, tapping strokes
- Relax you
- Stimulate nerve endings
- Increase blood flow and lymph drainage
- Increase the level of oxygen in the blood and improve circulation and flexibility
- A traditional Swedish massage involves the whole body. You will begin on either your back or your stomach and flip over at the halfway point.
- Your massage therapist will drape a sheet over your body. They will pull back and adjust it as they work their way around. You will be covered most of the time.
- Your massage therapist will use an oil or lotion to allow for smooth and long stokes.